Angle shavette

Shogun

Thats interesting. Id like to see them have the angle of the handle in the opposite direction though.

halvor

a most elusive fish
I like the look of it. Had it been half the cost, I’d have taken a punt. Would have preferred AC blades, but have never tried a shavette with half DEs so can’t really comment.

Why would you rather have seen the opposite angle, @Shogun? Seems more ergonomic this way; with the opposite you’d have to let the handle point upward and thus end up with a rather forced and uncomfortable hand position?

Shogun

I like the look of it. Had it been half the cost, I’d have taken a punt. Would have preferred AC blades, but have never tried a shavette with half DEs so can’t really comment.

Why would you rather have seen the opposite angle, @Shogun? Seems more ergonomic this way; with the opposite you’d have to let the handle point upward and thus end up with a rather forced and uncomfortable hand position?
With the handle up, it's more of a slicing action. With it down, it's more of a chopper. Look at most knives, the handle is always up. I didn't even notice it uses DE blades. It's definitely a no from me then. IMO, artist club style blades are far superior to halved DE blades because they're thicker and more ridged. Sure, DEs are cheaper but AC blades last a lot longer.

catfunt

Just spotted one of these on fleabay and took a punt. I'll let you know what it is like when it arrives in the new year.

catfunt

It arrived yesterday and I had a shave with it - don't bother!

It's very light weight, being aluminium, and feels cheap. I snapped a DE blade ana fitted it very easily . Lathered up and went for it.

The razor is too light to get through my stiff whiskers and it bumps and bobbles its way along. I really didn't enjoy it and gave up after half a shave.

I went straight for my Razorine and finished the shave. One pass with the Razorine was fine. But I would have needed at least two passes with this Angle Razor.