Almost Halloween

Dr Watson

James
Coming from Puritanical stock it's not something we celebrated, as such it's not something I ever think about. The only reminder being the unavoidable piles of plastic Chinese crap in the supermarkets this time of year.

Paper Plane

Forum GOD!
Apologies to our US cousins but this is one 'festival' that should have stayed on the other side of the Pond. We would then have been spared all the plastic tat and allied rubbish that clog up the shops, waste natural resources and contribute to global warming.

steve

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
I suppose it gives pumpkins a reason to exist and they're a damn sight easier to carve than the turnips we had when I was a sprog. While trick or treaters weren't much more than a mild annoyance before we moved as they were at least little kids, I am looking forward to not being bothered by them this year.

D

Deleted member 1881

I love this house. I m a Haloween fan! Very spooky.

Wayne

Forum Sod
Wayne, at least Nov 5 is a home grown celebration and not an import.

Time to keep the cats in though.

steve
I agree Steve however just because it is tradition doesn't mean it shouldn't be adapted. In my view Organised events and fireworks should only be on sale 2 days before and not one second after.

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
I agree Steve however just because it is tradition doesn't mean it shouldn't be adapted. In my view Organised events and fireworks should only be on sale 2 days before and not one second after.
I would agree with that with the possible modification that they’re not sold to the general public. You get much better fireworks at an organised display anyway and fewer injuries.

Hopefully living as we do now in the arse-end of nowhere it shouldn’t be much of a problem. I’ll let you know in a couple of weeks.

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
Well, heard a few fireworks in the distance for around half an hour or so about 7 yesterday evening but that was it. to be honest if we’d had the telly on I don’t think we’d have heard those. :D