Affordable Israeli Personna at Boots

Discussion in 'Double Edge Blades' started by Cristobal, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Cristobal

Cristobal Guru

I was browsing Boots' website shaving and grooming section when I stumbled upon this:
    https://www.boots.com/boots-max-shave-double-edge-blades-10-pack-10205895

10 blades for £2, it looks like the British chemist chain is reaching continental Europe prices for supermarket blades. However, according to the packaging, it is very likely those blades are Israeli Personna (same packaging as Carrefour's generic blades in France, which are Personna, same as Cristal sold in the USA), sold approximately at the same price.

Acer89 likes this.
  2. They have stocked these for a while in Boots..also Tesco stock the same rebranded Israeli personnas. Sainsbury's has the rebranded Dorcos for the same price.

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/258863798

/www.sainsburys.co.uk/shop/gb/groceries/sainsburys-double-blade-replacements-x10

Acer89 likes this.
  3. Cristobal

Cristobal Guru

When I came to the land of hope and glory 4 years ago, I couldn't find any Israeli Personnas at Boots (believe me, I've checked at that time, realizing that DE blades price in British retail were shockingly high...; though, there wasn't any big Tesco in my vicinity at that time); since then, I moved on and went for (Indian?) 7 O'clock.

As for Dorcos, I was aware, but those Korean blades unfortunately don't work for me.

Shaverrific666 likes this.
  4. Generally for DE blades..it seems online retailers have the best ranges. Israeli Personnas, Dorcos and Wilkinson Sword Classic can be found on the British high street. Sadly none of these blades work for me.

5. Cristobal

Cristobal Guru

Indeed!

6. SeanC

SeanC Forum GOD!

I've not seen anything other than these either (if you ignore variations in own label branding).

The Wilkie's I find usable, but all are meh to a degree

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

7. slantman

slantman Forum GOD!

If the dispenser looks like this it is probably an Israeli Personna. Mine is made in Israeli
    IMG_0233.JPG

8. Cristobal

Cristobal Guru

No, the dispenser is rectangular, but the carton piece and the dispenser are the same as the Personnas sold in Carrefour supermarkets in France and made in Israel.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice