Ach Brito Lavanda shaing cream

R181

Grumpy old man
Picked up some Ach Brito Lavanda shaving cream last week and have used it a few times now. It has a nice non offensive lavender scent, face lathers easily and produces an excellent lather. The lather produced makes getting a smooth comfortable 4 pass shave with a straight razor easy. As a bonus it is not very pricey.

This morning I used some Musgo Real lavender shaving cream to compare the two. Both shave creams are made by the same company so it was not surprising that the performance of the two felt so similar to me. I'd have a hard time saying there were any important differences between the two except for one and that is cost. The Canadian online retailer that I bought the Lavanda from sells it for $11.00 CAD a tube but sells the Musgo Real lavender for $32.00 CAD a tube. At a hair under 3X the cost of the Ach Brito Lavanda I can't say that the Musgo Real is 3X better. Both are excellent shave in my book.

The same online retailer sells CF lavender shaving cream for $60.00 CAD making Musgo Real lavender shaving cream slightly more expensive as you have buy 2 tubes to get the same amount if shaving cream as in the CF container. I have had a tub of CF lavender and don't recall it being 3X better than the Ach Brito Lavada either.

Bob

N_Architect

Travel, See, Feel, Explore
Re the Portuguese creams, it's the lanolin, Bob.
I assume they still make them like that, been years since I used one of the two tubs I have left.

At some point there was a reformulation, but if memory serves well it was just that the lanolin ingredient was pushed back a bit in the list.

Stand to be corrected, though, if I am wrong in any of the above.

Very nice shaving creams all these that you mention.

Mastropiero

Forum GOD!
I had, a long time ago, a tube of Ach Brito that was gifted to me and I can say is one of those really honest shaving products. No big fuss about it but it delivers, a bit like the Palmolive Classig shaving cream, but with a bit more pleasing scent.

Lathers up quickly, good cushioning and, what I remember most about it, excellent post-shave slickness.

I should get myself another tub for those shaves when you really need to go quickly at it.

R181

Grumpy old man
I had, a long time ago, a tube of Ach Brito that was gifted to me and I can say is one of those really honest shaving products. No big fuss about it but it delivers, a bit like the Palmolive Classig shaving cream, but with a bit more pleasing scent.

Lathers up quickly, good cushioning and, what I remember most about it, excellent post-shave slickness.

I should get myself another tub for those shaves when you really need to go quickly at it.
Funny you should mention Palmolive Classic because I thought the same thing about it in comparison to Ach Brito Lavanda. I greatly admire that type of shaving product, no fuss but just delivers the goods at a very reasonable price point.

Bob

D

Deleted member 1881

I now know I will not be buying anymore Musgo Real Lavender or CF lavender as I don't see them as being anywhere near 3X better than Ach Brito Lavanda cost to performance wise. Thanks for the push to try the Lavanda.

Bob
Yes!!!!! I sent the pm for a reason to you Bob! I was almost sure cause I had seen the Musgo in your SOTD. Expensive for no reason.

J-B-M

Forum GOD!
Slight necro-thread but I just wanted to say that I used this for the first time last night and was very impressed with the performance and all round bang for the buck. Pleasant scent, adequate slickness, good cushion for a cream and surprisingly pleasant post-shave. I often find creams a bit drying but no such problems here, and I reckon once I dial in the water / product ratio performance is only going to get better. Thumbs up from me!

It's a shame that all the traditional 'value performers' in English shaving products seem to be disappearing from the shelves but our friends on the continent are still keeping that side of things locked down. 👍

D

Deleted member 1881

Slight necro-thread but I just wanted to say that I used this for the first time last night and was very impressed with the performance and all round bang for the buck. Pleasant scent, adequate slickness, good cushion for a cream and surprisingly pleasant post-shave. I often find creams a bit drying but no such problems here, and I reckon once I dial in the water / product ratio performance is only going to get better. Thumbs up from me!

It's a shame that all the traditional 'value performers' in English shaving products seem to be disappearing from the shelves but our friends on the continent are still keeping that side of things locked down. 👍
It's the lanolin that contains which provides this kind of post shave.

I rate this cream higher than most of the "luxurious" ones.

R181

Grumpy old man
Bob, thanks for the tip on the Ach Brito Lavanda. I will be ordering a tube from our chum in Ancaster.
You might want to consider the Ach Brito Lavanda EdC too. Not too pricey for a 200 ml bottle, not an overpowering and is more like an AS for longevity to me.

Bob

vartik

Head shaver
You might want to consider the Ach Brito Lavanda EdC too. Not too pricey for a 200 ml bottle, not an overpowering and is more like an AS for longevity to me.

Bob
Thank you for the tip! I love lavender and will buy the EDC to complement my TDS Kosmetika soap, which I don't have AS to match :wink:

owlman

Forum GOD!
Recently dug up my tube I bought roughly four years ago and hadn't used in a while. I noticed that the cream has turned somewhat grainy; some component in it apparently didn't like the long hiatus. It lathered up mostly fine, but small hard bits remained even in the finished lather and felt as if I had added a pinch of sand to it.