A Different DE Blade Thread

slapo

It's... alive!
For me, the blade doesn't matter nearly as much as how the razor clamps the blade, with the exception of Kai blades.
Just about every razor that doesn't clamp the blade near the edge is rather uncomfortable for me against the growth on my neck. There are a few things I've learned to do with them that improve how they perform, but something like a ball end Tech, old type (or their clones) or a PAA Ascension work much better.
Maybe it's because my hair grows fairly flat there, i.e. it doesn't seem to grow perpendicular to the skin, but in a particular direction.
If I don't go ATG, it almost looks like I haven't shaved there.

I've grown to like Permasharps, Gillette 7 O'clock Super Stainless, Astra SP and BIC Chrome Platinum the most over time, but I've never compared them against each other directly, and they all shave well.

Estariol

Forum GOD!
In no particular order, these are the blades that work best for me, both in DE razors and shavettes. Of course, YMMV...
Gillette Nacet
Perma-Sharp
Ladas
Old Gillette Platinum
U. S. Made Personna Red
Feather
Dorco Platinum
Voskhod
Rapira Platinum Lux

chazt

Forum !
My top three blades, Israeli Personna, Med Prep and Gillette Platinum are mild in all my preferred razors, mostly vintage Gillettes, and an Asylum Evolution. My tier two blades are Lab Blue and Crystal. They are sharp but can be harsh if I’m not careful. They too, work well in the razors I enjoy using.

chazt

Forum !
Lord Platinum Class and Voskhod are mild, one and done for me. I like them in my Aristocrat and Evolution.