3D shaving bowl

Scheerder

Legendary Member
Took 14 hours to print !!! This is why unless you charge people a load of money you won’t make any money.
I am going to print a bowl for a fellow member here, I yet have to deliberate with him about color and exact bowl from thingiverse. Most stl's give off an aproximate of 13-15 hours. I guess I will be more and more reluctant to print for anyone other than me, my wife and kids. It's that exact dilemma you pointed out.

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
I am going to print a bowl for a fellow member here, I yet have to deliberate with him about color and exact bowl from thingiverse. Most stl's give off an aproximate of 13-15 hours. I guess I will be more and more reluctant to print for anyone other than me, my wife and kids. It's that exact dilemma you pointed out.
I will sell these on when I’ve made a few. I have done that in past to help others, only covering postage, materials and electric.

Keto

Forum GOD!
I really like my Pereira Shavery unbreakable lathering bowl, but I really like the brush holder part of this one. Nicely done!
What I noticed about my Pereira bowl is when I smush some soaps into the center my soft brush doesn't dig the soap out.

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
ACD010FB-5F04-4D02-9234-2A29D78E5452.jpeg

0893FC51-D39B-4967-A62A-8662EFEAB977.jpeg

Another two completed, and I have one with a brush rest on the go. That ones for me with 100% infill and will take over 23 hours ! But it should come off nice and be very solid. Since restarting up the printer, moving it to a nice warm room I’m getting the best results ever.

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Good to hear. I have other variations that work just as well if not better, including a collapsible version.
I’m trying to figure out why my prints of late are so much better. The main thing is that they are smoother and the layer lines finer. I haven’t adjusted anything, the only variable has been slightly more expensive filament. Collapsible sounds interesting. Resent downloads have had better stitching on the layers, instead of staggered I’m getting better single lines.

Estariol

Forum GOD!
I'm not an expert, but can it be a factor that since you print in a warmer environment, the plastic cools slower, so ther's more time for the layers to apropriately bond?

Last edited: