3D printed shaving stuff

slapo

It's... alive!
I realise it's a brush handle, but I reckon that shape would work quite well for a vase or a flower pot. :)

slapo

It's... alive!
Shhhh. Don’t make it easy for him. Let’s keep pretending we haven’t a clue and come up with wilder and more stupid suggestions
Righto.
A shell for fans like they used to use at a hairdresser's then.

Reactions: p.b

Gairdner

Forum GOD!
Here's my finished design of the 3d printed lather catcher with storage case.

This SE safety razor design was inspired by the "Stoll Chrome Steel Lather Catcher" made by The Wilbert Cutlery Co. in Chicago IL, in the early 1900s. The razor uses the more readily available GEM blades. With the addition of a baton handle, this razor is appropriately named "Stoll Jr.". The razor is very easy to maneuver, and the unique floating edge design provides excellent feedback.

This razor is very easy to print, and once assembled, it is a one-piece razor with no moving parts. The only post-processing should be the removal of the included support on the razor-head and gluing the head and handle together with CA glue, or similar. Additional supports are NOT needed.

How to install blade:
Hold the blade from sides with thumb and index finger and edge pointing away from hand. With the same grip, insert the spine of the blade through the front of the razor-head between the cap and the comb and slide into the back slot. Inspect that the blade is properly centered and that the spine is making full contact in the back slot. The cap should have good tension on the blade, and the cap's index tab should be properly seated in the blade's center slot. DO NOT INSTALL, OR REMOVE BLADE FROM THE SIDES.

How to print storage case with different color letters:
Step 1) Open file "Stoll_Jr_Case_Letters.stl" into slicer of choice. Center object if it doesn't automatically center when loaded. Set the first layer height to 0.2mm and slice and print with your filament color of choice. When the print is finished, DO NOT remove it from the build platform.

Step 2) Open file "Stoll_Jr_Case_Main.stl" into slicer of choice. Center object if it doesn't automatically center when loaded. Set the first layer height to 0.2mm and slice and print using a different color filament. This file will print around and on top of the letters from the first printed file and will combine the two-color objects on the same layer. The case is a print-in-place design and may require some flexing at the hinges to break away any layers that may have fused during printing.

The files are now available on Thingiverse.

GEM Single Edge Safety Razor "Stoll Jr. SE" Lather Catcher with Case by rogerquin - Thingiverse

or

View attachment 91425View attachment 91424View attachment 91426View attachment 91427View attachment 91428
That sir, is a thing of great beauty regardless of manufacturing method. Case and lettering look wonderful for current marketing and it looks to me like it’s been designed and made by an absolute expert with a eye for design and sales. And to think you do this as a hobby and share everything! Take a bow…:notworthy:

Last edited:

SlimGem

Forum GOD!
That sir, is a thing of great beauty regardless of manufacturing method. Case and lettering look wonderful for current marketing and it looks to me like it’s been designed and made by an absolute expert with a eye for design and sales. And to think you do this as a hobby and share everything! Take a bow…:notworthy:
Thank you for your kind comment.