3D printed shaving stuff

fredyx

Forum GOD!
I've just made a remix from the Shaving Bowl of @SlimGem . It is a wider and flattened version with some protuberances that improve lathering. It will be available pretty soon in Thingiverse. I hope you enjoy it!!

Captura de pantalla de 2020-12-03 21-33-31.png

Last edited:

N_Architect

Travel, See, Feel, Explore

They've asked an extra $$ to print my Triceratops, it's not Roger's latest design any longer so I have asked Treatstock to cancel the order and refund me the $15 originally paid.
Let's see how this develops.

Last edited:

fredyx

Forum GOD!
I've updated DE razor/Thingiverse thing:4669226 with three new caps with different levels of aggressiveness. Results vary from printer to printer, so use the cap that works best for you. Caps are marked as follows: 1 Dot = Mild, 2 Dots = Mormal, and 3 Dots = Aggressive.

View attachment 81329
Great idea!! I guess the current cap is the one with three dots :)

N_Architect

Travel, See, Feel, Explore
May I ask which file specifically couldn't be printed, and what media you selected?
It is this file.

I followed the procedure in Treatstock, uploaded the model, chose resin as the material.
Then, I checked the nearest to me (with fair feedback) international printers and selected "PFactory" in Italy (feedback score of 55, five stars).
Cost was $15 including shipping.

Late last night I received a message from Technical support at Treatstock.
Message was "...printer cannot print due to xxx reason, we have located another who can do but with $20 extra, please let us know..."

I log into my Treatstock account where I see a PM from PRIAMOND printers in Germany, saying "...I cannot print for you, sorry, Technical support will help you further..."
How the heck did Priamond get involved, I have no clue.
I suppose the Italian guy could not do the job, he passed it on to the German guy, ditto there, so support had to solve it for me.

All I know about 3D printing is from you guys here (mainly Roger & Andreas) plus the local friend who has printed your bowl in wood resin.
I assume these 'print shops' are essentially run by individual enthusiasts who are very IT-capable and therefore exhibit this type of comradeship and support behind the scenes.

Last but not least, fair and well noted all the comments for the bowl by our Spanish friend Fredyx.
I hear, however, from my friend who printed and water-sealed three of these, that the bowl is extremely well thought-after in all respects, and it works flawlessly.
Have not had the bowl in my hands as yet, but my friend has used it repeatedly and says all little details in it are very well tuned actually.

To be honest I am personally in favor or larger bowls also, but as I trust my friend I am sure this design is very good already as is.

SlimGem

Forum GOD!
It is this file.

I followed the procedure in Treatstock, uploaded the model, chose resin as the material.
Then, I checked the nearest to me (with fair feedback) international printers and selected "PFactory" in Italy (feedback score of 55, five stars).

Message was "...printer cannot print due to xxx reason, we have located another who can do but with $20 extra, please let us know..."

I log into my Treatstock account where I see a PM from PRIAMOND printers in Germany, saying "...I cannot print for you, sorry, Technical support will help you further..."
I suppose the Italian guy could not do the job, he passed it on to the German guy, ditto there, so support had to solve it for me.

All I know about 3D printing is from you guys here (mainly Roger & Andreas) plus the local friend who has printed your bowl in wood resin.
I assume these 'print shops' are essentially run by individual enthusiasts who are very IT-capable and therefore exhibit this type of comradeship and support behind the scenes.

Last but not least, fair and well noted all the comments for the bowl by our Spanish friend Fredyx.
I hear, however, from my friend who printed and water-sealed three of these, that the bowl is extremely well thought-after in all respects, and it works flawlessly.
Have not had the bowl in my hands as yet, but my friend has used it repeatedly and says all little details in it are very well tuned actually.

To be honest I am personally in favor or larger bowls also, but as I trust my friend I am sure this design is very good already as is.
I don't see the file name in your post. I spend as much time identifying every poly-face for possible non-manifold mesh as I spend designing my stuff. I can only suspect that the segment-length resolution isn't high enough from the printing service. Let me know the file name and I'll double-check it.

As far as bowl size, just increase the percentage for a bigger size when printing. This applies only to the bowl without brush rest. The size I uploaded works well for me. I think you'll enjoy it. Thanks

SlimGem

Forum GOD!
Just arrived. Clearer than I thought it would be.

With the blade it looks awesome.

Shame I have to wait a couple of days to use it.
Looks awesome! Here's a tip for easier blade removal. Place the head of the razor on a flat surface (with the handle pointing up and at an angle). Hold blade down with index finger and slowly peel razor away from the blade. Enjoy

SlimGem

Forum GOD!
It is this file.

Disregard, I see the file. Thanks