3D printed shaving stuff

SlimGem

Forum GOD!
Roger, is this your last/most fresh GEM-blade razor design?

I don't see it in the Thingiverse site.

And another question - which is a relatively mild GEM-blade razor design you have released?

I plan to go and have one 3D printed as I have lots of blades and can't use them for the moment...
Thanks in advance.
The Taipan SE is not available yet. The EndGem Speed ( one dot ) is fairly mild but still smooth and efficient.

Last edited:

SlimGem

Forum GOD!
Just a little Show n' Tell. Some time ago I was asked to design a 3d printed travel case for the Henson razor, but I kept shelving the project because I didn't have a Henson and there wasn't enough info to recreate my own as a guideline. Well, I finally got a Henson AL13, and now the case is finally finished. This is a special design for me because as far as I know, it is the only 3d printable design that features the first-ever fully functional print-in-place vertical hinge. By printing in a vertical position, the hinge design takes full advantage of layer orientation which makes it stronger, with higher tolerances and longer lasting. Ok, the last sentence was just 3d printing nonsense. Either way, as I do with most of my designs, the file for this travel case is available as a free download for personal non-commercial use. If you own a Henson and want to print your own, or if you have a 3d printer and want to print it for a friend or fellow wet-shaver, you can find the file here or here.
20240302_091251.jpg

20240302_091418.jpg

20240302_091629.jpg

20240302_091716.jpg

20240302_092016.jpg

slapo

It's... alive!
Just a little Show n' Tell. Some time ago I was asked to design a 3d printed travel case for the Henson razor, but I kept shelving the project because I didn't have a Henson and there wasn't enough info to recreate my own as a guideline. Well, I finally got a Henson AL13, and now the case is finally finished. This is a special design for me because as far as I know, it is the only 3d printable design that features the first-ever fully functional print-in-place vertical hinge. By printing in a vertical position, the hinge design takes full advantage of layer orientation which makes it stronger, with higher tolerances and longer lasting. Ok, the last sentence was just 3d printing nonsense. Either way, as I do with most of my designs, the file for this travel case is available as a free download for personal non-commercial use. If you own a Henson and want to print your own, or if you have a 3d printer and want to print it for a friend or fellow wet-shaver, you can find the file here or here.
View attachment 147593
View attachment 147594
View attachment 147591
View attachment 147592
View attachment 147590
That's a nice case, and I really like the more secure slide-in spot for a tuck of blades.

Out of curiosity, how do you like the Henson?

SlimGem

Forum GOD!
That's a nice case, and I really like the more secure slide-in spot for a tuck of blades.

Out of curiosity, how do you like the Henson?
Thanks! I do like the Henson. I'm not much of a DE user and the few DE razors I use are the ones that allow a good range of control and have a good drag-and-pull ahead of the cap ( the Schick Krona from the 60s and 70s is the best DE safety razor I've used so far ). The Henson works very well but to me, it's a one-trick pony and feels like 2 disposables back to back with a very fixed angle which doesn't allow much control over the stroke. I think it worked because I made it work. But I really like the grippy handle.

Last edited:

N_Architect

Travel, See, Feel, Explore
I'll second that. It also has excellent audio feedback, similar to the ER 1924.
Many thanks, being an avid SE shaver your opinion matters heavily!

Was quoted €10 + V.A.T. here in Greece for having the ENDGEM SPEED printed, so I'll go ahead with the order tomorrow.

Finally I should be able to start using my GEM blades again.

Electrif

SE la vie
View attachment 147593
View attachment 147594
View attachment 147591
View attachment 147592
View attachment 147590
That's a well thought out design and the print quality is outstanding.